Firefighters from the Petrolia-North Enniskillen and Oil Springs went home-to-home at MidValley Apartments in Petrolia after a resident thought they smelled natural gas.
Five fire vehicles filled the apartment’s Petrolia Line parking lot around noon Thursday going door-to-door using detectors to see if there was, in fact, a leak. Petrolia North Enniskillen Chief Lawrence Swift says while residents said they had smelled something, their detectors did not pick up any readings for natural gas.
Firefighters also walked the neighbourhood briefly, trying to detect natural gas. By 1pm, the department determined there was no danger to the residents.