Quick thinking employees helped restaurant patrons to safety

Community Content | Front Page | News.

fire truck

Petrolia/North Enniskillen Fire Chief Lawrence Swift says quick thinking employees  likely helped lessen the damage of a kitchen fire at a Petrolia restaurant.

May 16, there was a grease fire at Munchies Restaurant. The two employees called the fire department and lead customers calmly to safety.

Swift says while there wasn’t a great deal of fire damage, the deep fryers boiled over and the hot grease traveled over the floor damaging it. “They were lucky it didn’t ignite. If it had ignited, it would have been a substantially larger fire.”

Swift and customers had nothing but praise for the employees who “did a good job of clearing everyone out. The customers waited with the firefighters to tell the owner the girls did a good job.”

Munchies reopened for business Tuesday.

 

 

Leave a Reply

  • (will not be published)

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>