Petrolia Legion briefly evacuated after suspected gas leak

Featured | News.

Petrolia/North Enniskillen firefighters prepare to go into the Petrolia Legion to investigate a potential gas leak. Heather Wright Photo

The people enjoying Pick’n and Fiddl’n at the Petrolia Legion lounge were rushed from the building around 3 pm Wednesday because of a suspected gas leak.

A woman working upstairs in the kitchen smelled natural gas and opened the windows. She became nauseous.

The patrons were told to leave the building as the Petrolia/North Enniskillen Fire Department and paramedics were called. The Oil Springs department also arrived as backup.

The woman was seen by paramedics and the fire department moved into the building to check the natural gas levels. Minutes later, officials told Legion workers the building was safe to reenter and Union Gas was on its way to make sure there wasn’t a problem with any equipment.

 

2 Responses to “Petrolia Legion briefly evacuated after suspected gas leak”

  1. Elizabeth Ollerenshaw

    The “woman” was vomiting and was taken to the hospital and remained there for several hours on oxygen until her blood levels stabilized enough to be discharged. It was not the minor inconvenience your article leads your reader to believe. You should tell the whole story.

    Reply
    • iadmin

      I’m sorry the woman was hospitalized. Thank you for providing an update as to how the Legion volunteer fared. Unfortunately, without a name, we are unable to follow up how she was doing. The original information came from other Legion volunteers in the building.

      Reply

Leave a Reply

  • (will not be published)

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>