3D printer pumping out healthcare equipment causes fire

2044
Firefighters look around the bedroom of a Waterworks Road home after Brigden and Corunna firefighters put out a fire Friday night.

St Clair Fire Chief Walt Anderson says an overheated 3D printer caused a house fire on Waterworks Road.

The Brigden Fire Department was called to home near Lasalle Line around 9 pm Friday night and found a fire in an upstairs bedroom and attic. Anderson says they, and crews from the Corunna department, were able to put it out quickly before it spread.

Anderson says the teen, who lives at the home with his mother, told firefighters the 3D printer overheated and caught fire. The teen was making face shields for local health care workers.