Kerby St. resident taken to hospital after smoke fills home

0
275
Petrolia/North Enniskillen firefighters removed a resident and a dog from a smoke filled home on Kerby Street early Sunday morning. Dawson Currie Photo

A Kerby Street resident had to be pulled from their smoke filled home early Saturday morning.

Petrolia/North Enniskillen firefighters were called to the two storey home around 1:30 am after someone reported the building was on fire.

Crews forced their way into the home and removed the only person inside from the smoke filled home. A dog was also removed. The resident was taken to hospital by paramedics.

Officials say unattended cooking was the cause of all the smoke.