FROM LAMBTON PUBLIC HEALTH
With the prediction of hot and humid weather continuing into the weekend, Lambton Public Health has issued an Extended Heat Warning for Lambton County.
The warning will remain in effect until Saturday when conditions are expected to ease.
An Extended Heat Warning is issued when a heat warning extends beyond two consecutive days. This is when vulnerable populations are most at risk.
In high temperatures and humidity, your body may not be able to cool properly which can lead to heat exhaustion or even heat stroke.
Lambton Public Health reminds residents to take precautions.
- Find ways to cool off. Seek shade, avoid the sun, access cooling centre locations with air conditioning, take a cold shower, and drink plenty of fluids.
- Learn how to detect symptoms of heat-related illness.
- Check on the elderly and those who are vulnerable.
To learn more about extreme heat and your health visit www.lambtonhealth.on.ca. Resource topics include:
- Identifying the signs and symptoms of heat-related illness
- Preventing heat-related illness
- Cooling centre locations
- Extreme heat warning system in Lambton County
Call Lambton Public Health at 519-383-8331 or toll-free 1-800-667-1839, or visit www.lambtonhealth.on.ca for details.