Cooking causes Petrolia fire

562
Chicken fingers being cooked in an air fryer started a fire on Henderson Drive Wednesday fire officials say.

Two people were taken to Petrolia’s CEE Hospital after a fire on Henderson Drive.

Petrolia/North Enniskillen firefighters were called to the home just before six. Chief Jay Arns says an air fryer – which was sitting on a stove – was being used to cook some chicken fingers when it caught fire. “The fire extended to the cabinets and the walls. The kitchen was involved when we got there.”

Arns says the firefighters were able to put out the fire fairly quickly – spending only about a hour on the scene. But the damage was quite extensive in the kitchen with smoke and water damage extending to the basement.

Arns says about $100,000 damage was done.

Two people in the home were assessed at the scene for smoke inhalation and sent to CEEH as a precaution.