Pot left on a stove cause of Petrolia fire

1224

A pot left on a stove generated so much smoke, residents of a downtown Petrolia building had to be evacuated.

Petrolia/North Enniskillen firefighters were called to Petrolia Line and Oil Street around 10 am by residents who said smoke was filling the building.

Chief Jay Arns says everyone inside the building got out without a problem and no one was injured. Firefighters were also able to rescue three cats from the smoke.

Arns says one of the residents of the apartment left a stove on and left the building. The pots which caught fire could be seen on the back step of the building.

Arns says about $10,000 damage was done to the apartment and the building smells of smoke.

Pots left unattended on stove sit on the back stoop of a Petrolia apartment after Petrolia/North Enniskillen firefighters removed them from the smoke filled building.