Image
Sarnia Police Photo
A Canada-wide warrant has been issued for Kyaw "Chin" Doe. Police also released this updated photo of the suspect in the murder of Dane Nisbett.

Canada-wide warrant issued for suspect in Sarnia murder

April 16, 2026

Heather Wright/The Independent

A Canada-wide warrant has now been issued for the man wanted in the murder of Dane Nisbet.

April 10, around 1 am, Nisbet and his two of friends from the Mooretown Flags were shot while they were at the Lions’ Den Pub at Lambton College for country night.

The three friends left the pub to go outside on the patio when police say a man pulled out a Glock 45 pistol and fired, striking Nisbet and his two friends who have not been named.

Hours before the shooting, police investigated an incident involving four people at Chuck’s Roadhouse on Exmouth Street. Police were told a man brandished a firearm. By the time police arrived, the four people had left the scene.

At an April 13 news briefing, police said they believed the four people then went to Two Amigos before ending up at the Lions’ Den. Nisbet and his group of friends may have been at Chuck’s when the first altercation happened in the parking lot, but they were not involved, said Hansen.

It’s not clear what led to the shooting at the Lion’s Den.

Immediately after the shooting at the college pub, four people fled the scene in a Toyota Prius.

Three people have now been arrested and charged in the shooting including Oudom Richard Bun, 23, of Stonehenge Place in London. He has been charged with one count of second-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder. Bun is in police custody and will appear in court April 16.

An 18-year-old woman and a 19-year-old man, both from Sarnia also face charges of being an accessory to murder and weapons offences in the case.

But the man police believe fired the shots, Kyaw “Chin” Doe, is still at large. He’s charged with second-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder. April 15, Sarnia police issued a new photo of the suspect which was taken last month. Police believe Doe may have altered his appearance since it was taken.

Police, in a news release Wednesday, said Doe is “believed to be actively evading arrest.”

A Canada-wide warrant has been issued for his arrest. That allows Sarnia Police to retrieve him from any location in Canada. It also allows police officers across the country to act immediately to make an arrest.

Share This

Image
Front Page

‘We’re here because you don’t have a voice anymore’ Rood says

May 20, 2026

EDITORS’ NOTE: This article was editted May 20 to correct the name of the Conservative Co-Deputy Leader Melissa Lantsman. Blake Ellis/Local Journalism Initiative Lianne Rood says sitting Conservative MPs will give a voice to Sarnia-Lambton Conservatives abandoned by their MP. Hundreds of people from Sarnia and Lambton County and the surrounding region packed into the exhibition hall at the Plympton-Wyoming

Read More

Image
Front Page

ROADS TO RECOVERY: Three years sober with hard work and grit

May 19, 2026

EDITOR’S NOTE: Sarnia-Lambton is struggling with an unprecedented addiction crisis, generating plenty of news about overdoses and homelessness. But sometimes there is recovery. And it’s anticipated that new government investment in local services and facilities will bring additional relief. The award-winning team of journalist Cathy Dobson and photographer Glenn Ogilvie set out this past winter to find individuals who have

Read More

Image
Front Page

Man beaten in Grand Bend over holiday weekend

May 19, 2026

The Independent Lambton OPP are looking for clues after an aggravated assault in Grand Bend. OPP were called to Main Street around 2:30 am May 17 and found a man who had been assaulted. He was taken to South Huron Hospital in Exeter and treated for non-life-threatening injures. The Crime Unit is investigating and is looking for any closed-circuit TV

Read More

Image
Front Page

One person missing in Lake Huron at Pinery Park

May 19, 2026

The Independent A search is underway on Lake Huron near Pinery Park for a person who fell off a raft Monday afternoon. Police were called to the provincial park around 3 pm Monday with callers saying five people on a raft were in distress. Police say two people were able to swim safely to shore, two others returned to the

Read More