Image

‘You will be arrested’ police warn London man wanted for Dane Nisbet’s murder

April 13, 2026

Sarnia Police lay out events leading up to fatal Lambton College shooting

Blake Ellis/Local Journalism Initiative

It seems the man wanted for murder in Sarnia was looking to stir up trouble the night Dane Nisbet was murdered.

Dane Nisbet

That’s according to Sarnia Police, who talked to the media April 13 about some of the circumstances around the death of the 20-year-old Sarnia man and the hunt for the man police believe killed him.

Police told the media words were exchanged between the suspect and his entourage and Nisbet and his friends at the Lions’ Den Pub around 1 am April 10. The three friends left the pub to go outside on the patio when police say Doe allegedly pulled out a Glock 45 pistol and fired, striking Nisbet and his two friends who have yet to be named.

“Really we only have one really aggressive person in all of the interactions, ” said Sarnia Police Deputy Chief Ron Hansen, pointing to Kyaw Chin Doe, 24, who is wanted on charges of second-degree and attempted murder .

Nisbet was rushed to hospital but succumbed to his injuries while the two other victims, who were close friends of Nisbet, sustained non-life-threatening injuries.

Police say they first investigated an incident involving four people at an Exmouth Street restaurant before the shooting. Police first received a 911 call at 11:05 pm Thursday for a disturbance in the Chuck’s Roadhouse parking lot. Police were told a man brandished a firearm. By the time police arrived, the four people had left the scene.

Police talked to a witness about the presence of a firearm, but they had no leads beyond that.

Police believe four people then went to Two Amigos after leaving Chuck’s, before ending up at the Lions’ Den. Nisbet and his group of friends may have been at Chuck’s when the first altercation happened in the parking lot, but they were not involved, said Hansen.

It’s not clear what led to the shooting at the Lion’s Den.

Immediately after the shooting at the college pub, four people fled the scene in a Toyota Prius.

Minutes later, one woman demanded to be let out of the car and was left at Highway 402 and Airport Road. The remaining three continued on to London.

By Saturday morning, police were ready to lay charges. Sarnia officers, working with London Police, went to two homes, one on Boullee Street and the other on Stonehenge Place in London. One man was arrested and a vehicle believed to be involved in the shooting was seized. Another man is still at large.

Oudom Richard Bun

Oudom Richard Bun, 23, of Stonehenge Place in London has been charged with one count of second-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder. He’s in police custody.

Police also have a warrant out for the arrest of Kyaw Chin Doe, 24, of Boullee Street in London. He’s facing charges of second-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder as well as possession of a firearm. Police allege Doe fired the gun adding he went into hiding shortly after the murder. Officials say Doe is considered armed and dangerous and should not be approached.

Kyaw Chin Doe

The suspect is not believed to be in the Sarnia area and police allege Doe has ties to criminal elements in both western and northern Ontario who may be helping him.

Sunday, Sarnia Police obtained another warrant for a home on Indian Road. Around 7 am, Emergency Response Team officers and on-duty patrol officers arrested a woman there. Police say she was one of two female they originally arrested Saturday. On the night of the shooting, the women had been seen with the two men facing second-degree murder charges. After interviewing them, the women had been released unconditionally.

After arresting an 18-year-old woman on Indian Road, police and the ERT went to a hotel on Venetian Boulevard in Point Edward and went into a hotel room arresting a man.

Police obtained another search warrant and went back to the unit and found a firearm believed to have been used in Nisbet’s murder. Police say forensic experts will examine the handgun; however police believe it came from the US and wasn’t registered in Canada.

“We are very confident in saying that was the weapon that was used in this incident,” said Hansen Monday.

Sarnia Police execute a search warrant on Indian Road April 12, 2026

Police say Ava-Leigh Lightheart, 19, has been charged with accessory after the fact to murder, obstructing police, and six firearm charges including carrying a concealed weapon and trafficking a firearm. Following a bail hearing, Lightheart was held in custody.

Johnathan Osborne-Walsh, 19, of Parker St. in Sarnia is facing eight charges including being an accessory after the fact to murder, and seven firearms charges, including possession of a dangerous weapon and possession of a weapon obtained by crime.

“Dane’s murder has shaken the foundation of our city,” said Sarnia Police Chief Derek Davis. “To Mr. Doe directly, I say every time you go to sleep know that there is a real possibility of being awaken to the light of a tactical team. You will be arrested and what should be occurring now is call a lawyer and turn yourself in. That is the best advice we can give to Mr. Doe. The arrest will happen.”

Sarnia police believe Doe has connections to various locations across the province and police in those parts of Ontario have been alerted to look out for him.

“Given his unique descriptors, that tattoos on his face and his neck, it is going to be pretty hard for him to hide,” said Hansen.

Sarnia police have no information that the victims and the suspect knew each other.

“They are no way responsible for the outcome of this,” said Davis, of Nisbet and the two other victims. “They were there enjoying a night out and frankly, did nothing to contribute to this happening. This all falls squarely on the people that are accused of the crimes.”

The Local Journalism Initiative supports the creation of original civic journalism that covers the diverse needs of underserved communities across Canada.

Share This

Image
Front Page

‘Absolutely ridiculous’ Lambton left in the dark by York1

August 19, 2026

Heather Wright/The Independent Dawn-Euphemia Mayor Al Broad says it is “absolutely ridiculous” that York1 Environmental Solutions isn’t communicating directly with Lambton County as it plans an expansion of the former Dresden dump. The township is one of the half dozen small communities in Lambton and Middlesex counties which will see garbage trucks rumbling through town as they head to York1’s

Read More

Image
Front Page

Jackson off to hot start with Yankees affiliate

August 19, 2026

Barry Wright/The Independent Core Jackson is making an immediate impact with his new team. The LCCVI and John Knox Christian School grad from Wyoming was hitting .294 in five games with the Somerset Patriots after being promoted to AA baseball last week. The middle infielder had five hits, five RBI, four runs scored and four stolen bases before he was

Read More

Image
Front Page

Three Londoners arrested, $1.28M in drugs, guns seized in investigation that started on Walpole Island

August 19, 2026

The Independent Three people have been arrested and almost $1.3 million in drugs, weapons and stolen vehicles have been seized in an investigation that started on Walpole Island. The OPP, Walpole Island Police and political leaders announced the arrests of three people from London, one of whom, police allege,had been bringing drugs to the community. Lambton OPP say the investigation

Read More

Image
Front Page

Sports Briefs: Corunna’s Birch wins OHL leadership award

August 19, 2026

Barry Wright/The Independent Kitchener Rangers Chief Operating Officer Joe Birch has been awarded the David Branch Leader of the Year for the 2025-26 OHL season. “Birch has set a standard for leadership that reaches every corner of the Kitchener Rangers organization,” said OHL Commissioner Bryan Crawford in presenting Birch with the award at a recent league gathering. Birch, originally from

Read More