Lambton OPP believe one man from the Chatham-Kent area is behind at least 20 break and enters in Lambton, Elgin, Kent and Middlesex counties.
On April 24, the OPP’s Community Street Crime Units from Lambton and Elgin-Middlesex, the West Region Emergency Response Team, the Canine Unit and the Moravian First Nation Police executed a search warrant at two homes on the Delaware Nation. They recovered an estimated $170,000 of stolen property.
The items included:
- Pickup truck
- All-Terrain Vehicles (2)
- Utility trailers (2)
- Electronics – computers, cameras & gaming consoles
- Construction equipment
- Power tools
- Sporting equipment
- Collectables (hockey cards & figurines)
Anthony Snake, 47, has been charged with
- Break, Enter – Commit an Indictable Offence
- Theft Under $5,000 of a Motor Vehicle
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime – Over $5,000 (2 counts)
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime – Under $5,000 (18 counts)
He remains in custody on these charges with a court appearance scheduled June 6, 2019 at the Ontario Court of Justice – Sarnia.
Any member of the public that has been a recent victim of a break, enter and theft in the local area may contact Lambton County OPP Detective Constable Jay DORAN at 519-882-1011 or 1-888-310-1122 to make an appointment to view the outstanding items.